Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wow! Where has 37 years gone


May 12th was Craig and my 37 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe we have been married 37 years. Where did that fresh face 17 year old go? Our life together has really grown over the years. I personally went from infatuation, companionship, and love to now Craig being my "best friend". There is no real secret to being married as long as we have been. It has taken a lot of hard work and perceverance, but you also have to have a good base and partner to be able to stick it out through the tough times as well as the good times.

I think marriage has been the hardest job I have ever taken. Even raising my child wasn't as hard of work. You would think after 37 years that it would be super easy by now, NOT TRUE. Craig and I are very independent, hard-headed people and have never learned "to agree to disagree". I personally feel that if I argued long and hard enough with him, I just might change his mind. That is not true.


Our life together has been good. We raised a wonderful daughter, Becky. She has turned out to be a really great adult and is married and living in Eugene. Her husband, Dan, is everything we could of wished for. They seem to be really compatable and have a lot of fun together. Still no grandkids, but that will come when they are ready.

2 comments:

  1. I love both you & Craig's sense of humor. You're both very special people and here's to many more anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hard headed man? Where ever did you find him? LOL You are fortunate as is Craig, cherish each day for many go through their entire lives and can't find what you were able to find at the mear age of 17.

    ReplyDelete