Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DE JA VU



I decided to take on a project. I bought a really nice scanner that scans negatives and am trying to eliminate all the negatives I have by scanning them and saving as pictures on disks. I am also scanning old pictures and saving them. It was kind of comical at first, because I did some and saved them. It was of how trip to Dallas Texas in 2001 and was showing Craig, I realized I had scanned them all backwards, so all the writing was backwards. Oops!!

Now, anybody that knows me knows that I love organization and am always organizing something. I started scrapbooking many years ago and have many scrapbooks full of pictures. I even took apart many old photo albums and used the pictures in my scrapping. I love to scrapbook, but never feel I am organized enough. I have tons and tons of paper, embellishments and everything else a good scrapper needs. I have tried all kinds of ways to organize all of this and once I feel I get some of it organized, I hate to use it and get it all unorganized. Do you think I am sick or what?

Anyway, in scanning all of these negatives (and I have saved every single negative I ever had) and the old pictures, I am finding myself remembering many of these events that I captured on pictures. How nice to have all of these memories to share? The first picture is of me to his left and my sister, Deb. The other picture is my mom and me at 3 1/2 months old.

I mainly have started this project to organize my pictures and save on disks and put in a fire proof safe for the future and the other was so someday when my daughter or her kids are looking through old pictures they would know who some of these people are. My mom got really sick in 2001 and I confiscated all her pictures and organized them. When she got better I asked her about pictures and memories that I didn’t know. In going through my mom’s pictures, it was so nice to be able to know who some of the people were. I even made a nice scrapbook with all these pictures in it. I even did this for Craig’s family. It was a lot of work, but well worth it.

All these memories have come flooding back and some were really wonderful and some make me really sad. I see a lot of faces that aren’t with us any longer, but again how nice to have the pictures to help remember them.

Doing this type of a project is a lot of work, but for those of you who don’t keep their pictures organized, I suggest that you start some kind of a project and do it. Your family will appreciate it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment